The first step is always to choose if you want a free theme, a premium theme (one that you will spend for but might be used by some other blogs at the same time), or perhaps a custom theme (a theme that is certainly designed especially for you personally). Should you have a little bit of design expertise, you are able to make some modifications to a free theme to create a a lot more unique appear for the blog.
Most new bloggers do not mind making use of a theme that is certainly also made use of by other people, so they pick out to go having a absolutely free theme. Ok, so the initial a part of the procedure is down, now all you need to do is choose from the a large number of readily available possibilities.
When picking out a theme, right here are some things to consider:
1. Will you be generating dollars from the blog? In that case, you might desire to go with using a premium theme or a custom theme in order to look as experienced and professional as you possibly can. If not, an absolutely free theme ought to do. You will usually have the solution to upgrade later.
2. How several blogs use the identical theme? Several of the far more popular cost-free themes are utilised by a huge number of blogs. Definitely this makes it extra tough to stand out, but occasionally in addition, it has added benefits. Some of the most common themes are supported nicely, and if you have a problem it might be much easier to find support.
3. How will the blog’s look have an effect on your accomplishment? For any private site/blog getting an original look is probably not that essential, and free of charge themes will do just fine. For corporations which might be attempting to convey a professional image, spending the cash for a theme design is justified.
4. Would be the theme search engine-friendly? With absolutely free themes you might get a really wide range. For anyone who is not acquainted with HTML and CSS it may be tough for you to evaluate the Search engine optimization capabilities of a theme. Within this case, a protected decision will be to select a theme from mythemeshop, studiopress or perhaps thesis WordPress theme. These are the very best which will be on the market as seo-friendly wordpress theme.
5. Will the theme match your monetization plans? When you have any thoughts or intentions of monetizing your blog you’ll want to take this into consideration when choosing a theme. If you’re going to become putting AdSense ads, text hyperlink advertisements, or banner ads in your weblog, the theme must have a good place for them. Looking to stuff them into a theme that isn’t intended to let room for advertisements will produce an incredibly cluttered look that can distract and annoy readers.
6. When you have a logo, does it match the theme? You will see a great deal of free of charge weblog themes that have a logo added to the header that just doesn’t very look right. Should you strategy to use a distinct logo or header image, decide on a theme accordingly, or look into finding a brand new logo to match the theme.
7. Is help obtainable? Some premium themes will include things like assistance from the designer, which may be a massive plus. Some free theme designers will supply restricted support and other people will provide none. In the event you consider you could need assistance someplace down the road, take this into consideration. If you’re acquainted with themes and really feel comfy solving your very own challenges, don’t be concerned about help.
8. Is it widget-ready? May be you will need it? Should you program to produce quite a bit of changes towards the sidebar and also you don’t choose to mess with the code, opt for a widget ready theme. However, a widget-ready theme nevertheless does not supply precisely the same volume of flexibility and solutions as working using the code directly.
9. Are there hidden links? You could be shocked how quite a few themes involve some type of hidden hyperlink. Deciding upon a theme from a reputable source will normally assist you to to avoid the issue of hidden links.
10. Will you be able to grow with the same theme? As your blog grows you may want new features or room to add new things. Some themes won’t offer much flexibility or room for growth. Be sure that your theme isn’t going to limit you.
So whenever you think of starting a blog and want to make it popular like the pros, think of what kind of theme you want to present your content in so that the readers enjoy the whole experience of reading as well as the overall visual experience. Choosing an eye capturing theme will always prove to be a boon in the long run.
If you know of any more tips that one should follow before choosing a theme, don’t feel shy to comment below your kind words. We appreciate it!